Thursday, December 13

promise

I'm so not inspired to study and learn things about cancer so I just drink tea, eat gingerbreads and have a smoke instead. Maybe I'll jinx myself and invite god to put an ctrl C on me but I don't care right now, I need something to keep me alive.

At least I have a new nice thing to long for - me and one of my best friends in school, Emma, are going to Edinburgh in february. We booked our flight yesterday and we're going there on somekind of annual International Vet School Competition. We'll ride their horses in some basic dressage and jumping and afterwards there is dinner and party.

I've never been to Scotland or Edinburgh so it's gonna be so much fun. I also hope to get a chance to do some serious networking that will help me to get a job in England this summer. Anyhow - it's good to do things abroad since I'll leave Sweden as soon as I get the opportunity.

Tonight I fell asleep on the couch, not good but my friend called and woke me up and we had some dinner and wine so at least I was outside the apartment once today. It was so nice to hang out with her, she's almost twice my age but still a real kick-ass girl. She's facing the same problem I've dealt with the last year but it's harder for her since she have kids and much more things to take care of. I encouraged her as much as I could and comforted her and said that it's fucking hard but still such a relief when you've done it.

And as my sister says "2007 is a bad year that I've given up on, I'll just wait for 2008 to come and it's better be a good one." I hope she's right.

No comments: