Monday, October 8

confession and comfort

Sometimes people ask me why I write here and often I tell them it's like a nicer diary. And they question me and blame me for being exhibitio- nal and maybe I am. But I really like to see my words published on this site, I like the way it looks and before, when my diary was a book and I had to write things down by hand, I just got bored after a while and stopped. This **** is the first diary that I've continued writing for a long time since the age of fifteen.

I know not many people are reading this and to be honest I don't really care. Especially not if my friends are because I've realised that the more people you know that read what you write, the more you have to think about what you write. And you start to censor your thoughts and words. I try not to do that even if I know that people I know read it but it's difficult. You want people to read but you don't want to care about them.
Maybe that's also a reason to write in english, you can get readers from all over the world and then the chance that they'll know who you are is smaller. And more people can find it interesting.

I guess I'm also writing here because I hope I'm not totally alone and that there are other people who think about and feel the same things as I do. And that they find some kind of comfort in or enjoy my posts. If only one person read this site and feel like he or she isn't alone anymore it's worth it.

Because that's exactly why I read what other people are writing. I want to know that I'm not alone and that I'm not lost in this world of every- thing. I find comfort and joy in reading what other people think about life or whatever. And it helps me through my own life.

No comments: